STCW Elementary First Aid - EFA
“Excellent depth of knowledge from Mo the instructor, very well delivered one of the best first aid courses I have been on.”
This 1 day course is a good mixture of theory and practical sessions covering basic first aid and Basic Life Support skills.
Unlike many training centres, PHSS has a resuscitation manikin, the Laerdal QCPR Manikin. With a digital read out, this will assist you delivering Quality CPR. You will improve your compression and rescue breathing percentage, and evaluate your progress during the course. This is a superb training aid to saving life. You will be surprised by the results, with the live feedback available, compared to how you think CPR should be done. By improving the CPR quality, we can ensure more lives are saved.
You will develop knowledge, understanding and practical competence where appropriate in:
- Taking immediate action upon encountering an accident or other medical emergency
- Assess the needs of the casualty and threats to own safety
- Adult basic life support and resuscitation techniques
- Positioning of casualty
- Major bleeding; control of bleeding; applying wound dressing; internal bleeding
- Crush injuries
- Shock Management
- Burns & scolds in electric current
- Basic first aid treatment for other medical conditions
- Rescue and transport of a casualty
- Improvise bandages and use materials in emergency kit
There is continual assessment throughout the course via oral questioning and practical demonstration and participation. Successful candidates will be awarded the STCW Certificate in Elementary First Aid on the day.
DATES AND FEES
- Light refreshments tea and coffee is provided
- Lunch is available locally, or bring your own if you like
Group bookings are taken subject to terms and conditions, contact us for details.