RYA/ MCA SEA SURVIVAL COURSES
This comprehensive 1 day course will give you the essential practical skills and theoretical knowledge to react effectively to an emergency abandonment with or without a liferaft. It includes an invaluable practical session in a swimming pool. PHSS is supported by Viking Life-Saving Equipment and provides quality equipment for your use and demonstration purposes throughout the day.
- Liferafts types and emergency packs
- Lifejackets, flares and emergency beacons
- Hypothermia and survival first aid
- Practical: abandonment, individual and group entry
- Practical: righting a capsized raft
- Practical; survival techniques without a liferaft
- Rescue techniques
No previous experience is necessary.
RYA sea survival booklet is provided. You are encouraged to bring along your own lifejacket and wet weather gear including footwear, for the practical swimming pool session. This experience will give you valuable confidence in your own equipment. Please ensure your kit is clean, and that all pockets are emptied of their contents. The minimum requirement for the pool is a sweat top and bottoms or similar, and a lifejacket. Otherwise overalls and a lifejacket are available on the day. Please do not forget your towel, trunks and bag to put your wet gear in to on completion.
0850 for a 0900 start. Course will finish around 1730 on the day.
The course will be held at the Marine Skills Centre moving to Canford School, Wimborne, for the practical pool session in the afternoon. Directions will be provided on the day. The venue may change subject to group and midweek bookings.
On successful completion of the course.
- Light refreshments tea and coffee is provided
- Lunch breaks will short so a packed lunch is preferable
- The course certificate is required for a commercial endorsement and is also a requirement for the RYA ISAF course.
Group bookings taken, courses can be run anywhere subject to terms and conditions, call for details.